Friday, August 1, 2014

“The road is long, with many a winding turn…”

Wow, where do I start…..?

       I came into this Technology 101 course with just enough knowledge to, shall we say, get me in trouble!  Our district is on the fast track into the technology integration arena.  Thanks to a generous Race to the Top grant, all students in Warren Township have access to technology as a learning tool.  I have had the privileged of being a part of our first ever 1:1 initiative and have worked closely with staff to provide, through professional development, them with the skills they need to be successful.  We are well on our way of winding down that highway and are having to assess where we are…how far have we come, where will we go next???  This course has given me a wealth of resources and a PLN that has triggered a great deal of research and reflection of where we need to go and how we are going to get there.  I am extremely grateful that I have had the opportunity to participate in this class and learn from others. 

       As Harvey Mackay said, " A great accomplishment shouldn't be the end of the road, just the starting point for the next leap forward."  Warren Township has experienced some great accomplishments is the past few year where technology integration is concerned.  Technology integration is not a destination, but rather, a journey and I am ready for the next leap forward!

1 comment:

  1. A love that, "...not a destination, but rather, a journey..."!! So true not only about technology integration, but education as a whole!!

    ReplyDelete