Monday, March 31, 2014

On the road again…

Well, here we go.  I am “on the road again” with the “next step” for completing the Introduction to Blended and Online Teaching coursework.  As I embark on this journey, I am most excited about meeting new people and learning from them!  I love the collaboration piece that I get from classes with fellow educators.  In the first course, I learned about so many tools and was able to implement them in many of my professional development sessions.  My colleagues were thrilled with the ideas/tools that I brought back to them.

As the course gets underway, I look forward to sharing my knowledge as it relates to technology integration.  I don’t consider myself to be an “expert” on many things; however, I have done some extensive training with Google Apps for Education and I feel that I would be a good resource for my fellow classmates in this area.

I have not actually been in the classroom in over 5 years; therefore, I am a little nervous about how I will complete some of the assignments.  I will, more than likely, have to call upon my peers to help me with the classroom piece of this class.  Oftentimes it is difficult to participate in courses that are predominately directed toward the classroom teacher.  I will need lots of ideas and hand-holding from those teachers that are currently in the classroom.

I am anxious and at the same time excited about this course.  I look forward to learning new things.

1 comment:

  1. I would love for you to share your Google Apps knowledge! Most assignments in this course can be done without a classroom. Maybe sharing it with your peers will be enough and see how they can use it. Let me know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete